PDO Thread Lift: The New Way to Face Lift
No need to go under the knife! NovaThreads is the Face-Lift alternative! It can fill wrinkles and slightly lift the skin. Additionally, as a result of the PDO being absorbed, the skin naturally produces collagen. As we age, the effects of gravity become more noticeable on our faces, especially as our facial support structure weakens and we lose facial fat. The areas that are generally affected are the eyebrows, areas around the eyes, the cheeks, the jowls and the neck. The result is a longer, more square-shaped and older-looking face.
Traditionally, most people would look into plastic surgery to get a facelift as there weren’t very effective noninvasive treatments to lift the loose skin. However, now there is an effective nonsurgical option that can lift and contour and suspend the sagging tissues on the face, neck and the body, especially for those that need only minimal to moderate rejuvenation or for those that do not wish to undergo surgical intervention.
Absorbable Material: PDO Threads! (Polydioxanone)
Polydioxanone is used for biomedical applications, particularly in cardiothoracic surgery because it is fully absorbed by hydrolysis within 4 to 6 months & doesn’t create any scar tissue. The foreign body stimulates collagen synthesis & the skin structure created will hold for another 12 to 15 months.
No Cuts or incisions. Purely Injections!
- The areas to be treated will be numbed with topical as well as local anesthetic.
- The areas to be treated are then marked.
- The threads are then inserted under the skin in precise locations using a small hollow needle to lift and support droopy elements without removing any skin. The inserted thread is then able to grasp onto the droopy skin and soft tissue to reposition the skin. This requires no cuts or incisions. It’s purely done by injections.
- With the lift effect secured, the hollow needle is removed without leaving any scars.
- Depending on the desired effect of the lift, few to several sutures will be used.
- The PDO suture remains underneath the skin. Different sutures and lengths will be used depending upon the area(s) you need lifted.
What Kind Of Results Can Be Expected After The Novathreads And How Long Does The Results Last?
The result of the Thread Lift is immediate and even more noticeable after 1-2 weeks when all the swelling and potential bruising has resolved. The results will continue to enhance as your skin produces even more collagen over the next several months which will also make the results of the thread lift last longer than the life of the threads. More threads can always be inserted down the line to continue to improve the results and prolong the results even more. If you choose to have a more intensive surgical procedure or facelift at a later point, this can be done without any problems as the PDO sutures will be absorbed completely without leaving any kind of scarring.
Which Areas Can Be Treated With The PDO Threads?
Most popular treatment areas are the brows, cheeks (midface), jowls, and the upper neck. However, Thread Lift can be performed virtually anywhere on the body, such as to lift loose skin on the upper arms, stomach, thighs and around the knees.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Thread Lift?
Like any procedure using a needle, there is a chance of bruising and swelling. However, in most people, the bruising and swelling is minimal and resolve in less than a week. There is some post-op discomfort which usually resolves quickly in most patients. If the sutures, for some reason, become visible underneath the skin or migrate, it can be easily removed if necessary and new threads can be placed.
Before and Afters